Thursday, November 11, 2010

Joe Noah is Fucking Awesome

He may look like a hippie but big Joe isn't afraid to drop bombs...


From ESPN Chicago:

Joakim Noah's candor is a quality that separates the Chicago Bulls center from many athletes, and when the subject is Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett, Noah's candor can turn into biting commentary.

Noah has gone from a fan who once had a Garnett poster in his room to someone who probably has a Garnett photo on his dartboard.

"Kevin Garnett will not -- will not -- get a Christmas gift from me," Noah said with a tinge of humor Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I don't like him."

The feud started, or perhaps escalated, during last season's playoffs. After Garnett was suspended for throwing an elbow at Quentin Richardson, Noah -- who was in Cleveland playing the Cavaliers -- chimed in that Garnett was a "dirty player."

The most recent incident was Friday night in Boston when Noah received a technical foul, and afterward said of Garnett: "He is who he is."He's a very mean guy," Noah said Wednesday. "Where's the love? None at all. Ugly, too."

Noah said what makes the relationship difficult is how big a fan he was of Garnett before entering the NBA in 2007.

"I had his poster in my room," Noah said. "I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down. And he was very mean to me my rookie year. And he's only mean to the young guys and the [European players], for some reason. I don't know why, but that's who he doesn't like. He's not nice. I talk a lot of trash out there, but c'mon, be a little sensitive. Be sweet." The Bulls play in Boston on Dec. 3.



I love Joe Noah.

We all know KG is a huge prick. He's been a huge dick ever since his skills started slipping and he started getting a rep for being soft. He's always barking at everyone, notoriously picking on smaller and weaker players. Last week he got in trouble for telling Charlie Villanueva that he looked like a cancer patient. (Pathetic attempt to dig himself out of it by claiming he said he was "a cancer" to his team. What a cock.)

Joe Noah is the shit. I don't know how anyone doesn't like him or his game. He plays hard all the time, hustles like crazy, holds his own against anyone and gets better in big games. He's an awesome teammate and I'd argue one of the best overall centers in the NBA.

I also love that he has no qualms about calling out KG in public. Reminds me of when he called out LeBron for being a bitch last season. LeBron was doing his little dance and shit and taking an hour to shoot free throws and Noah just started ripping into him (mind you, this is an during an away game):





I respect the hell out of Joe Noah. I can't say enough good things about the guy. I just want to hang out with him... seems like an awesome dude to have a beer with and a guy you'd want on your side in a street fight. I feel like Champ in Anchorman. "I think you and me should get an apartment together!"


No comments: