Saturday, March 1, 2008

Breaking: Bears Sign Briggs

No Lance, Thank You

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. The Bears just announced a six-year deal for Lance Briggs today, and I couldn't be happier. Briggs is easily the best defensive player on the team (yes, better than Urlacher, I said it), and he's worth every penny. I say "every penny" without a specific amount because this news is so breaking that the terms of the deal haven't been disclosed yet.

Rather than prattle on about Briggs, I'll just let the Bears.com website do it:

"Ranked by most publications as one of the top players on the open market, Briggs will return to the Bears after agreeing to a deal that runs through 2013. The 2003-third-round pick has been selected to the Pro Bowl each of the past three seasons.

In 2007, Briggs ranked second on the Bears with 140 tackles and led the team with 10 tackles-for-loss. The Arizona product also had two sacks, one pass breakup two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery."

I'm pissed about losing Berrian -- it's true. I also wanted the Bears to make a run at Faneca.

Briggs more than makes up for it.

Next on our shopping list: Go get us some offensive linemen!

No comments: