Friday, July 3, 2009

Gotta Love Buehrle



If there's one thing I love about Mark Buehrle, it's his ability to dominate and still not be a total douche (see: Curt Schilling). Then there's this gem:

In the eighth inning, after Mark Teahen grounded out to second for the first out, Buehrle rolled the ball toward the Royals' dugout...With two hits earlier in the game, Teahen entered this at-bat with 22 hits in 49 at-bats against Buehrle.

"I asked him if he would sign it," said Buehrle as to why he rolled the ball toward the Royals dugout. "I have it right there in my locker. I finally got him out. Last time here, I had (Willie) Bloomquist sign a bat for me because I finally got him out. I have a little collection of guys that own me."

Bloomquist, who finished 1-for-3 against Buehrle Thursday, is 12-for-25 lifetime when facing the White Sox ace. Buehrle wondered aloud how one-time Royals outfielder Brandon Berger hadn't caught on with another team just to face him, with four home runs and seven hits in 21 career at-bats against the southpaw.

No comments: