Twitter has become an athlete’s way of skipping the media altogether and communicating directly with their fans. The cynic in all of us knows that this is just a marketing tool, but the spectator in us enjoys the random non-retractable comments we might otherwise never have read.
Little did you know, though, that Twitter has actually been around for almost a century now, and has only recently become mainstream. I took time to do some deep research, and I came up with the 10 best “tweets” you might have missed over the past 100 years.
10. BostonBillBuck: big win last night, up 3 games to 2, headed to shea! curse of bambino almost over!!!
9. SD_GM-Beathard: Didn’t want Peyton anyway – can’t win the big game. Leaf will domin8!
8. THE_REAL_BABE: Hey Boston, how my ass taste?
7. Charlie_Hustle14: Hunch --gonna beat the Dodgers by 1.5 runs tonight. ;-)
6. OJuice: Ugh, bad day. Bronco got dirty, ruined Bruno Magli’s, lost a glove, almost missed flight and got just five McNuggets. Is it Friday yet?
5. Bonds40-40: #FF @JCanseco, @RogerRocket, @A-Rod_Money, @BALCO, @CaminitiKen, @Pettitte_Pitcher, @Big_Giambi
4. FavreQB4: Montana to KC!? Come on, Joe! Ur a legend, know when to hang it up!
3. Georgia_Peach: Baseball has gone to hell. :-( RT @JackieRobinson_42: Guess who’s playing 2B for the Dodgers!?!!!
2. CoryLidle1972: Tweeting @ 5000 feet, LOL - This is gr
1. Stilt_Wilt: 10,000!!!!!!! :-)
No. 2, tasteless, I know. Going to hell, yadayada.
I still think that we're missing a couple of Chicago-based ones. Namely...
motherf#$%@ing_oz: counting the days until I can bench @ghetto_anderson for @dewayne_is_wise.
the1trueneckbeard: what a weekend! wtf...did i just wake up in denver?
sexyrexy8: @andres_johnson cant wait to show the cheerleaders here my deep ball
da_coach4ever: @jesus choose your god.