Monday, June 22, 2009

Can't we all...just...get along?

Moments after Sosa was revealed to be a cheater

Loyal Dong Reader Bloomerqueef sent in the following response when asked if he was "surprised" about Sosa being labeled a cheater. We thought we'd share:

"Does a bear shit in the woods?

My mother who knows nothing about baseball knew that Sammy Sosa was taking steroids. Seriously is anyone surprised? I thought it was just sort of common knowledge that the HR race of 97 or whenever that was was fueled entirely by horse pills, bitch tit suppressors, anabolic steroids, and yes, Flintstones vitamins. I don't get why everyone is so shocked. I never had much of an affinity for Sammy though, as he disappeared in the playoffs (like so many of his Cub brethren. How fitting).

Yes, the Cubs are horrible. Jim Hendry and Lou Pinella gave the team the old cleveland steamer when they traded in Mark DeRosa, a clubhouse guy who everyone liked and produced offensively and defensively at every position, for Milton Bradley. Bradley is a clubhouse cancer who is perpetually injured and, after raising his batting average 100 points, is hitting .234. It was a horrible trade. The bullpen sucks, the new closer sucks, and the only thing keeping the team afloat is that the starting pitching has been good enough to keep them in almost every game. Don't even get me started on Aaron Miles. I want to punch my own cock when I think about the moves that they made in the off season to "improve" the team.

Is Kenny Williams on the hot seat yet? Has anyone realized that Ozzie was on the right side of luck in 2005? Not that it wasn't a good team, but come ON! I guess that's baseball for you. A bunch of juiced up millionaires who can't earn their living.

At least we have Cutler!"

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, I would much rather that Ozzie be on the hot seat than KW - at least Kenny has made some real steals for the club (see: Carlos Quentin, Podsednik Part Deux, Danks, Floyd...etc). As for Ozzie, he routinely runs players into the ground until they submit to a doghouse role (Anderson, Fields) or are traded (Broadway, Swisher, Betemit). I believe that Ozzie was a reason that Peavy wouldn't come to town as well.

At least we have Cutler.


No comments: