Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rookie of the week

"That is one shifty motherfucker" -Bob Sanders

We've all seen the numbers (123 yards on 23 carries and a sweet 50 yard touchdown in the Bears’ 29–13 win over the Indianapolis Colts. Dude also had three recs for 18 yards) and we've all seen the highlight-reel TD run (here, if you missed it).

Now that we've had a few days to digest the best Bears opening game rookie RB performance of all time, please take a few moments to vote Forte as the top rookie of the week.


On a completely seperate note, I fucking love this guy. I still have some reservations on whether he'll last the season, but I love his attitdude. After the game, Forte was honest and still managed to avoid being an egomaniac. On reaching his goals:

"Actually, I pretty much met them," he said. "I wanted to get over 100 yards rushing in my first game, and I did that. And I just want to be consistent the whole season."

Amen.

NOT IMPORTANT UPDATE: Cedric Benson worked out for the Saints last week and "it went well" (ie he didn't get injured). He will work out for the Texans next week and immediately demand to be starting the following week. Very excited.

No comments: