Monday, September 29, 2008

What The...

I HAVE A SCEPTER NOW! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR KING!

I don't quite know how it happened, but the Bears beat the superior and less mistake-prone Eagles. Not only did we win with some surprisingly clutch defensive plays, but our drunken savior threw for three touchdowns. Three! That's, like, half as good as Brett Favre! If that doesn't deserve some additional bling for Ortonia, I don't know what does.

Granted, the touchdowns that were caught were all receiver efforts to catch up to shitty passes (especially the diving play by Olsen to catch up to a total turd). Orton spread the ball around as usual, ensuring that no Bears receiver closes in on fantasy relevance. Likewise, having a receiver as fast as Hester allows Orton to overthrow passes without fear. This may finally be a consistent way for him to stretch the field.

Oh, and I think Brandon Lloyd got hurt, but I didn't really get a chance to get the scoop on it what with Charles Tillman getting hurt every 5 seconds. Is it just me, or does he wind up being "helped off the field" at least once every game?

No comments: