Monday, December 1, 2008
Happy Birthday To Us
Somewhere around this time last year, a stupid idea became a reality, and a really difficult-to-publicize name was attached to a heavily biased blog about Chicago sports. Since we've spent the last year giving you our side of the story, here's a little trip down memory lane.
- Remember where it all started?
- Remember Brad, The TPC, and Bloomerang back when they contributed to the site (and before our Cubs coverage was entirely one-sided)?
- That time we tried to quit abruptly.
- Our various experiments in boredom: Fun with sign generators, and other randomness.
- That time we won an award for best logo (link is apparently busted).
- When Fisting Andrew Golota joined the crew.
- The clusterfuck "Free Shit Month."
- Our logo contest.
- Our first piece of breaking news, and our first article to be linked to by Deadspin.
- The first revelation of Aaron Gray's true identity.
- The still uncompleted mission.
- Former site mainstays "GMOTD" and "WTTHT"
It's been a hell of a year, and hopefully the next year is even better. We really appreciate all of our loyal readers - all two of you. If you've been sticking around and reading us regularly, you've probably developed a tumor in your brain. We're sorry.
As an added bonus on our anniversary, anyone who comments on this post gets a chance to win a free shirt. I'll pick one of the comments at random and send a shirt out, and because I'm a nice guy, you can get your pick of the logo.
Long live the Dong.