Sunday, February 3, 2008

One Year Ago

Today is Super Bowl XLII (42 for those of us born after the fall of the Roman Empire), and all I can think about is how great last season was for us Bear fans. Of course, the game went from euphoric, when all of us actually thought we could win the Super Bowl, to devastating as the Sex Canon released his johnson and sprayed interceptions all over the field.

I personally went from complete joy and excitement:
I mean I'm not gay or anything, but if Hester was here right now, I can't say what I would do

to complete indifference to the game, and so distraught that I was considering a homosexual lifestyle:
Football IS very violent, isn't it?

So on this Super Bowl Sunday, in a meaningless game which features a team that the Bears almost beat this season, I am reminded how truly great this game can be.

In addition, no matter what happens today, no one can take this away from us:


Pre-draft obsession and free agency speculation coming soon....

3 comments:

Keggers said...

That Hester TD was the greatest Bears moment in my lifetime.

I don't think i've ever been more happy than that.

The TPC said...

Agreed keggers, hey by the way is that Udi Krauss in the Picture?

bloomerang said...

It is Udi Kraus, indeed. Birthright-ers, UNITE!